2017 Top 5 Heathy Eating Habits by Fittrition.
5 Simple Healthy Eating Habits
Too often we associate the phrase "healthy eating" with inconvenience. But healthy eating doesn't have to be a burden. Pick up these simple habits, and you'll be on your way to a healthier lifestyle.
1. Substitute Honey for Sugar: Why not leave table sugar out of your afternoon tea and add honey instead? Not only is it better for you, it adds flavor. Human beings have acknowledged the medicinal benefits of honey for centuries. Most researchers believe that it is better for you than refined sugar.
2. Use a Nonstick Pan: Using a nonstick pan will help cut down caloric intake. It will let you use less oil while cooking without the hassle of scraping your food off the pan. Make sure you heat the pan up properly beforehand so that the food glides. I especially like to use this pro tip when making eggs in the morning.
3. Drink Enough Water: The benefits of drinking water are well documented. Drinking enough water is easy to forget when you're busy, but it needs to be remembered no matter how hectic your life is. Keep water on you through out the day, and stay hydrated (but not too hydrated). An important part of this step is being aware of how much water you should be drinking. Your personal size, weight, and activity level, as well as the climate you live in, affects this value. Researchers no longer believe that the "one size fits all" eight glasses a day is the way to go.
4. Aim for Organic: Organic food is food that is grown in a way to conserves water and soil and reduces pollution. It's good for nature, and it's also good for us. Organic food contains no additives. It's free of preservatives and artificial colors and flavorings. Pesticides haven't been used when growing organic products so you'll find no residue. If the cost is scaring you off, there's no need to make this an absolute priority. Just maximize the organic food in your household according to your means.
5. Stick to Homemade: When you make food at home, you know exactly what's going into it. If you're spending all day at work, give yourself ten minutes in the morning to pack some lunch or get a sandwich ready the night before. Let homemade food be the norm, and save eating out for special occasions.
Leave a comment